CARAVAN NEWS 2020
We’re always aiming to make improvements here at Polar. So you can be sure of lots of new features in our 2020 ranges. The top six features are:
Polar AR is an app that uses Augmented Reality. Once you’ve downloaded it (from App Store or Google Play), you can find out more about Polar caravans. Point your mobile phone at ads and the catalogue to get even more information, watch video clips, presentations and more. You can also rotate the caravans to view them from different angles. We’ll be adding more exciting features to Polar AR in the future. Download our app today and get started!
WORLD PREMIERE FOR THE POLAR PANEL
From now on, all Polar caravans will be fitted with a 7-inch tablet (iPad Mini size). We call it the Polar Panel and it has a built-in DAB FM radio and Bluetooth. It has an easy-to-navigate display from which you can control most of your caravan’s systems. The Panel’s software is then continuously updated just like the apps on your phone. The Polar Panel will be extended with features that make owning a Polar even more enjoyable. Right from the start, it allows your authorised Polar workshop to make online updates of all the electrically-controlled components in your caravan – the same way that Tesla continuously updates and improves its cars.
ALL WITH CORNER KITCHENS
Last year we experimented with introducing corner kitchens as an optional extra for our most exclusive range, Customized. It was such a huge success that we are now introducing corner kitchens as an optional extra for our Original and Selected ranges too. Our popular caravans, like the 560, 590 and 650, are now also available with this feature. The corner kitchen offers improved ergonomics and makes meal preparation that much easier. And with the smart worktops, it’s more fun to do the cooking together.
TEXTILES WITH COMFORTABLE FIBREGUARD
From now on, all Polar caravans are fitted with stylish, practical and soft FibreGuard fabrics. Engineered from the latest generation of fibres, FibreGuard fabrics are seriously easy to clean and keep stain-free. So if your dog leaves dirty paw prints, you spill a glass of red wine, or a jam sandwich lands upside down on the sofa – it’s not a problem! FibreGuard’s technology is certified by Oeko-tex (Standard 100) confirming that the fabrics are produced in an environmentally responsible way. There is no special finish on the fabrics. Their stain-free properties are permanent (like GoreTex) and are due to the construction of the fibres. FibreGuard is the result of
years of research and testing.
HEADS UP: ADJUSTABLE BEDS
Adjustable head ends are also new as standard on the long and double beds. Raise it to the angle you want, locking the mechanism into a sturdy notch, so you can sit up in bed and read a book or use your laptop in comfort. Taking comfort to the next level!
SWEDISH CUSHIONS IN SWEDISH CARAVANS
All our cushions are sewn in Sweden. They all carry a little Swedish flag to show this. The Swedish textile industry is still alive and we feel it is important to use the skills that exist in the local community.
POLISHED METAL FOR ADDED LUXURY
You can now choose a polished metal finish as an optional extra in our most luxurious range, Customized. Polished metal gives the interior a lustrous and very clean look. It is also easier to keep clean than hammered metal. Otherwise, it is just as good and as rigid as hammered metal. Our polished metal is also easy to repair if it becomes damaged.
The drawer storage systems in all the kitchens are brand new for 2020. Each drawer has its own soft close mechanism for silent closing. Just push the drawer and it slides shut automatically. What a wonderfully luxurious feature.
LOTS OF NEW SMALL FEATURES TOO!
• All caravans have a new type of premium tyre for better grip on the road.
• The chassis has a new reinforcing beam under
the central aisle. This gives it even better torsion stiffness, road holding and stability.
• We’re introducing 15’’ aluminium rims on all caravans.
• All bathrooms will have a 28 x 28 cm skylight. Well-ventilated and an abundance of light!
• A new type of gas oven in combination with induction/gas hob.
• New type of microwave oven.
• The corner kitchen gets a makeover (with space for more people).
• We’ve fitted a new, light grey wall panel with an irregular pattern.
• The built-in refrigerator has a new, flat, black front.
• Extra 12 V circulation pump distributes underfloor heating more evenly throughout.
• Thetford 170/31 l fridge/freezer with a black front panel – elegant and efficient.
• Rear loading hatch is included.
• LED strip light on the front window.
• Flyscreen door keeps unwanted intruders out.
• Towel drier now included.
• Midi Heki skylight – for space, light and ventilation.
• Ventilation hatch(es) – depending on caravan size.
• Choice of options in floor covering design patterns.
• Door with window.
• Cushion 40 x 40, 2 pcs.
• Choice of options in kitchen wall design patterns.
• Caravan tow hitch cover.
• Special aluminium wheel rims with black trimmings for a sporty look.
• New mattress support for all TDS beds.
• All caravans now have smooth wardrobe doors
for a fresh, stylish look.
• We’re introducing a practical cushion stop on the seat pad by the kitchenette.
• All kitchenette drawers now feature Soft Close.
• We’re introducing smart USB connection points in the new reading lamps in the caravans’ front corners and children’s room beds.
• For the 2020 season, we’re introducing four new FibreGuard fabrics. As well as two types of leather and two new kinds of panel curtains. Making it possible for you to customise your caravan exactly the way you want it.